CBD In Everyday Use
The stigma that surrounds marijuana has been dissipating slowly over the past few years. This follows the revelation that one of the compounds derived from the industrial hemp, CBD, has the potential to help with many health conditions. Today, CBD is a buzz word with many people wanting to try it out but, many people are wondering how they can use CBD daily.
Well, people are using CBD for various purposes including relieving anxiety, pain, arthritis, insomnia, menopause symptoms, and other health problems. The current market presents a wide range of CBD products for consumers to choose from. These options are making it hard for some people to decide how to use CBD. However, using CBD shouldn’t be hard. You just need to know what CBD is, why, and how to use it.
What is CBD?
CBD is an acronym for cannabidiol which, is a chemical compound that is derived from the industrial hemp plant. The compound has shown the potential to help with many health and medical conditions. Unlike THC, another compound derived from the cannabis plant, CBD is not psychoactive. That means a person doesn’t get the high feeling associated with marijuana after consuming CBD. THC or tetrahydrocannabinol is a psychoactive compound. This is responsible for the high feeling a person gets after consuming marijuana.
Uses of CBD
You’ve probably seen a person buy the best CBD vape oil and wondered why they opted to invest in it. Well, people use CBD for varied reasons. Some of the conditions for which CBD has the potential to help include:
· Chronic pain
· Post-traumatic stress disorder
· Parkinson’s disease
· Alcohol and drug addiction
Some people are also using CBD every day as a supplement. Currently, many clinical trials are underway to determine if CBD can be used for FDA-approved medications. Research has already shown that CBD can help with many medical conditions. However, they don’t know how exactly CBD exerts the therapeutic effects associated with it.
Ways to use CBD
There are different ways of using CBD and some of the most popular ways people are using CBD include:
· CBD Edibles- CBD edibles include candies, gummies, and pre-made edibles. Consuming CBD edibles entails ingesting CBD products so that the cannabidiol can be absorbed via the digestive and metabolic system. Most edibles come with a CBD amount and serving size labeled on their packaging.
· CBD Topicals- These CBD products include creams, salves, and lotions. People are applying or rubbing them on their skin at the sites where they want to experience the desired effect or benefits. With topicals, it’s not easy to get the true measurement of the amount of CBD that a person gets. Nevertheless, most manufacturers recommend that users apply several times per day to achieve the desired effects.
· CBD Pills- Some people use CBD in the form of capsules, supplements, and tablets. These present the easiest way to add CBD into a daily routine. Pills are easy to take especially for people that are always on the go and want to travel with their CBD. A user just swallows the pills after which they are absorbed via the digestive system.
· CBD Oil- This is the most common form in which people are using CBD. CBD oil comes in the form of sublingual, oil drops, and tinctures. Using CBD oil entails filling a dropper with the product and placing drops under the tongue. Holding this oil beneath the tongue for several seconds before swallowing allows for the absorption of CBD in the mouth after which it gets to the bloodstream.
· Vape CBD- CBD vape oil is a popular product among vapers. This product is used with an electronic cigarette or vape. The oil is vaporized with the device and inhaled to be absorbed in the lungs. This makes CBD get into the bloodstream faster. With this method of using CBD, a person can’t be sure about the amount of the product they consume. Nevertheless, the effects of CBD are felt faster when the oil is vaporized.
How CBD works
Once ingested, CBD works by targeting the endocannabinoid system of the body. This system influences mood, memory, cardiovascular health, appetite, and immunity. Depressed or elevated production of natural endocannabinoids, which are naturally produced cannabinoids, affects the entire body. When a person consumes CBD, it increases the endocannabinoid level in the body. It also protects the over-activation of the endocannabinoid receptors. Thus, CBD is an impressively versatile molecule.
Research has shown that CBD works by binding to CB1 receptors in the brain at different spots. This process changes the receptor’s shape while leaving the binding site free. Thus, the binding affinity for CBD is weaker and this renders it less responsive.
Decreasing the endocannabinoid response of the body may seem counterintuitive. However, many endocannabinoid system’s disruptions are caused by an overactive system. Overstimulation of these receptors can cause constant issues like excess weight and anxiety. CBD, therefore, has the potential to provide the much-needed break to the endocannabinoid system of a person with such issues.
CBD also has a dampening issue that scientists believe explains why CBD buffers the psychoactive effects of THC.
Incorporating CBD in daily routine
There are many ways of incorporating CBD in everyday routine. For instance, you can add CBD into your morning coffee. That way, CBD has the potential to enhance the alertness effect you get from caffeine. It can also eliminate jitters. If you prefer tea, you can add CBD to it too.
CBD can also be used to enhance work-life balance. The busy life of the modern society brings enormous stress that makes striking a work-life balance difficult for most people. This lowers life quality while causing more anxiety. Unfortunately, this leads to many health problems. Vaping CBD vape juice can provide a great way to relax and de-stress. If always traveling, you can take CBD capsules just the way you take daily vitamins.
CBD can also help with workout recovery and sleep problems. That’s because when taken in low doses, CBD works as a stimulant but in higher doses, it promotes relaxation and sedation. That’s why you should be careful about your CBD dosage.
The Bottom Line
Many people are using CBD every day for different purposes and in different ways.
WE SAID THIS: Know why you want to use CBD and the best way to use it to get your desired effect.