When people refer to the “high” they get from using cannabis, they are typically referring to the effects of a chemical called THC. What you might not know, however, is that many (and perhaps most) of the medical benefits users’ get from cannabis come from another, non-psychoactive compound: CBD (or Cannabidiol). When CBD is extracted from the plant and processed into an oil, it still retains the properties that provide the medical benefits, and we call it CBD oil. Could it be that CBD is some type of cure-all miracle drug? Maybe! Here are 5 unbelievable health benefits to the consistent use of CBD oil.
· Pain relief – Surprise surprise, it turns out that opioids aren’t always the best option for folks that have chronic pain. They’re addictive, dangerous, and have been a scourge on our society since they were released into the world by the big pharmaceutical companies. People are now looking for less toxic, healthier options. Many of them are turning to CBD oil. There are studies that suggest that CBD interacts with receptors in the brain and immune system to reduce inflammation and pain, with very few known negative side effects.
· Anti-anxiety properties – We aren’t joking when we say “unbelievable” health benefits. One thing that makes CBD so amazing is that it not only has physiological uses but psychological benefits as well, including treatment for anxiety. Most traditional treatment for anxiety include prescriptions for heavy sedatives. These can have significant side effects, especially after long-term use. That’s not the case with CBD oil. In a recent study, participants were given either a placebo or 600mg of CBD oil before speaking in front of a large crowd. The group that got the CBD had less discomfort, less cognitive impairment, and less anxiety about their speech performance. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3079847)
· Insomnia/Sleep Aid – We all know that consuming cannabis can make you dozy. That’s due largely to the sedative effects of THC. What most people don’t realize is that CBD oil and CBD products can have a place in the treatment of sleep issues as well. If you combine the above-mentioned pain relief and anti-anxiety properties, you’ve got a very good non-sedative sleep aid. (Side note: the author of this post uses CBD to treat sleep issues. It works amazingly well.)
· Improved Skin – It’s still early, but the scientific research and evidence for using CBD to treat skin conditions like psoriasis and acne are promising. Test-tube studies have proven that CBD oil reduces sebum production in glands (sebum is the gross stuff that chokes up your pores). When you consider CBD oil’s anti-inflammatory properties, it’s clear that there is potential here.
· Treatment of Cancer – Unfortunately, history has its share of crooks and scam artists promoting fraudulent or pseudoscientific cures for cancer to make a few bucks. Who knows, maybe that’s part of the reason that the medical profession is taking its time getting behind CBD oil. However, research into the cancer-fighting potential of CBD oil is starting to ramp up. So far, the results are very promising. A lot of the data being released confirms what many folks have been saying for years: Cannabadiol has the potential to be used as a very powerful cancer treatment. It’s still in the early days, but if the studies and science prove this to be true, it might be the most unbelievable use for CBD oil found yet.
Consistent use of CBD oil Canada comes with many health benefits, and we’ve only just scratched the surface in this post. Here’s one thing that’s certain: There’s much, much more to be discovered with this unbelievable compound!
Post time: Nov-28-2018